Are there hot and cold spots in your home? Uneven heating is one of the major problems experienced by homeowners in Oklahoma City and probably a top reported heating and cooling issue in the winter season. Here are some of the most common reasons why imbalance temperature happens inside a room or between floors:
- Multi-level homes often experience uneven air flow between floors. This is because heat does not rise at all. Say if the thermostat is placed on the first floor, it will only give the temperature reading for that floor.
- Failure to get the right size of ductwork for your home or if ducts are not sealed properly can also result to uneven heating.
- Inappropriate sizing of your heating and cooling units
- Some furniture or other objects may be blocking the vents, hindering the proper flow of air.
- Failure to replace dirty air filters
Some heating issues require only easy fixing such as cleaning the duct, air filter replacement, moving furniture from the registers and vents, and of course, doing routine heating maintenance every once in a while. However, if you want a better and permanent solution for imbalanced heating problem, here are two best remedies that you may need to consider:
- Zoning System. Zoning system allows homeowners to manipulate the temperature in each parts of the home. By placing the thermostats on each floor or in different areas of the room, you are now free to set independent temperatures in each part.
Zoning system is an effective strategy to maintain consistent temperatures throughout the house and can surely save you on your utility bill big time. It can also maximize the comfort in response to the temperature needs of each member of the family.
- Ductless System. It’s difficult to manipulate heat and air for some rooms, especially those which do not have ductworks. These include some older room which ductwork won’t fit and rooms that are part of an addition. Ductless system is easily mounted on the all and may function without a duct, simply connect it to the outside unit.
You can opt for a single or multi-split system and have it installed in your home. Either unit can help you control the temperature setting independently from each room.
If you need help in checking uneven heating in your home, or in need of solution for similar problems, feel free to call the professionals at Rhino Heating and Air Conditioning.