Are there hot and cold spots in your home? Uneven heating is one of the major problems experienced by homeowners in Oklahoma City and probably a top reported heating and cooling issue in the winter season. Here are some of the most common reasons why imbalance temperature happens inside a room or between floors:
- Multi-level homes often experience uneven air flow between floors. This is because heat does not rise at all. Say if the thermostat is placed on the first floor, it will only give the temperature reading for that floor.
- Failure to get the right size of ductwork for your home or if ducts are not sealed properly can also result to uneven heating.
- Inappropriate sizing of your heating and cooling units
- Some furniture or other objects may be blocking the vents, hindering the proper flow of air.
- Failure to replace dirty air filters
- Zoning System. Zoning system allows homeowners to manipulate the temperature in each parts of the home. By placing the thermostats on each floor or in different areas of the room, you are now free to set independent temperatures in each part.
- Ductless System. It’s difficult to manipulate heat and air for some rooms, especially those which do not have ductworks. These include some older room which ductwork won’t fit and rooms that are part of an addition. Ductless system is easily mounted on the all and may function without a duct, simply connect it to the outside unit.